Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Some Quirky Facts

These don't go under the heading of the least, most, best or worst because they are one-of-a-kind (or almost) incidences.  Call them quirky little facts from along the journey.
STATES DONE BACK TO BACK IN SAME WEEKEND: New Jersey and Maryland....and....Delaware and Virginia.  I know, I'm nuts!
DIFFICULT T1: Maine.  T1 is the transition time from the swim to the bike.  The race in Maine was particularly tricky because I got my timing chip stuck and couldn't get my wetsuit off.  Coupled with a calf cramp and it made for one of my slowest T1s to date.
ONLY PLACE I WANTED A T-SHIRT FROM: Arkansas and a little town called, Toad Suck.  Yep, that's right. And believe it or not, I had to hunt for a shirt with the town name on it.  When I asked a local where I could find one, he looked at me like I was crazy.  Really?  They don't sell them on every corner with a town name like that?  I finally found one at the Harley dealer.
SMALLEST RACE AND BIGGEST HEART: Wisconsin.  The folks of Portage were some of the loveliest I have met.